Tuesday 1 January 2013

1 - 1 - 2013

2013 got off to a s**t start, very literally, as Oscar's nappy had somehow managed to release itself - and its unsavoury contents - all over his pyjamas and duvet covet. Not ideal when you've got to bed at 3am the night before and your head is pounding. But I can't complain. Him indoors was confined to our flat while I was out celebrating New Year's Eve - giving 2013 an enthusiastic welcome.

A very happy, civilised Christmas 2012 was spent at Grandpa's house in Dorset and on Boxing Day we were on our way to Grandma Bentley's in Cardiff.

We managed to avoid scenes of manic present opening - I had dreaded witnessing a frenzy of abandoned gifts barely acknowledged while their ungrateful recipients moved onto the next unwrapping. The children are more civilised than I thought.

Thank you to all our nearest and dearest for the gorgeous gifts - books a-plenty (Room on the Broom now joining other favourites creating a current top three of The Gruffalo and We're Going on a Bear Hunt), Brio train tracks (love), Lego (most played with toy of 2012), cosy winter PJs, Peppa Pig laptop and TV as well as pots for the first teeth.

We're getting lots of proper sentences now which is so lovely. But I do also love the mispronounciations including:

mecime - medicine
yee yee - raisins (no relation)
I'll add more as I remember / hear them

Mis-singing of nursery rhymes is also quite a common theme. The one about 'Tommy Thumb', somebody Small, which Oscar loves to sing to himself had me baffled for weeks. I had no idea what he was going on about. Grandma enlightened me.

Happy 2013. Hope to write more regularly this year


No comments:

Post a Comment